Being Sick Along With Your Child
The only thing worse then being sick, is having your child sick with you at the same time. About a month ago, while daddy was out of town, both I and my 2 ½ year old got the stomach flu. Not only are you exhausted from running to the bathroom yourself, but assuring your toddler that she will eventually quit vomiting is even more work. Now on top of all of this, I was over 6 months pregnant. So how can a mother remain sane after 3 days of complete chaos?
1) Some people will shoot me down, call me horrible, you name it, but I'm sorry I had a beer while I was pregnant!!
2) Get someone, a parent, friend, family, etc to come over and help or at least give you a couple hours to get some sleep or just time to yourself.
3) Release your stress somehow. Whether that means you go outside and scream as loud as you can, cry for an hour straight, talk to the dog, pound a hole through the wall, etc.
4) Take a nice hot bath after the kids have gone to bed. If you're pregnant, not too hot!
5) Find something to do, once the kids are sleeping to completely distract your mind from everything that has been happening. I like word fill ins or watching a couple of my long list of Tivo’d episodes of the Young and the Restless.