5 Activities For Your Child During the Holidays
With the holidays fast approaching, what better time to list some fun activities that not only will your child love, but also give you a little time as well. Plus it will give them an added delight to their days, which are probably going to be filled with running here and there.
1) Purchase an old Polaroid camera. While the kids are decorating or playing, throw that into the mix for them to snap pictures of each other. They'll love it. You can usually find Polaroid's online, especially ebay, pretty reasonably priced.
2) Paint!! If you have an older child to help supervise for you, this is even better. Pick up a variety of paints, finger, water color, etc. My 2 year old loves it and it occupies her for at least an hour. Pick up some seasonal prints for them to paint for Grandma and they'll usually love it even more.
3) Let your child have some, as Cookie Magazine called it, Guilt-Free TV. Pick up some of the holiday classics for Christmas so that you can both enjoy a good movie.
4) Play-Doh. Give them a bunch of Play-Doh and some cookie cutters and you'll be amazed at how long your child will create and destroy their creations.
5) Give them their own Christmas tree. For my 2 year old, we purchased one of those fake 2 foot trees. Then bought a bag of ribbon bows and other smaller yet safe ornaments. She has a blast decorating and re-decorating her own Christmas tree. For older children, get them their own bigger tree to decorate. You could start a new family tradition!